1 . How up-sell offers work?
With up-sell offers, you can suggest the pricier version of an item or relevant products with the product your customers have already interested in. The up-sell offers are triggered by "add to cart" button. Check it out in this demo store.
Note: You cannot offer the same item as the product just added to cart. If you want to create a BOGO offer with Boost Sales, refer to the instruction here.
2. How to create a custom upsell offer
Go to app's dashboard >> Up-Sell tab >> Click Add offer:
Step 1: Set up the offer's name and message
- Offer's name: This helps you to manage your offers more easily. You can choose a name that describes your offer or leave it blank.
- Offer's message: Don't forget to fill out the message, otherwise, your up-sell offer can't be saved. Using attractive and engaging message would make your offer irresistible. Here is how it looks like:
Step 2: Select target product(s) to create up-sell offers
You can choose to have up-sell offers for All products on your store, Specific products, or Specific Collections.
Step 3: Set the up-sell products you want to offer to your customers
There are 4 options to choose up-sell products, which are:
- Specific products
- Specific collections
- New Arrivals: 4 new arrival items will be picked and added as up-selling items
- Best-sellers: 4 best-seller items will be picked and added as up-selling items
For the later 2 options, your up-selling items will be continuously updated, based on your store data.
You can offer the same collection as the target one in your up-sell offer. But it doesn't work if you offer the same product as the target one.
Remove the target product after an Up-sell product is added to cart: If this option is turned on, the CTA button will show as "Replace" and by click Replace, the target item will be replaced by the up-selling one.
Step 4: Set Offer's discount
This option allows setting up discounts for up-sell products and is only available when you choose up-selling items with Specific Products, Specific Collection.
- For specific up-sell products, you have 3 types of discounts: percentage, discount price, fixed amount.
- For specific up-sell collections, only percentage option is valid.
By clicking the Set up discount, you will be able to add a discount price/ discount percentage/ fixed amount for your up-selling items
In order to create urgency and scarcity for your promotion, you can add an end date and set stock limitation.
Your up-sell offer will look like this after the end date and stock limitation are set:
Click the “Submit Offer” button when everything is ready. You can preview your offer in the app or check how it goes live in your store.
- In order to create/ edit many offers at a time and save your time, try "Importing - Exporting offers" by following the instruction here or simply use Smart Up-sell feature.
- Have an issue with your up-sell offers? Check some possible reasons here.
- If you found some strange offers that you didn't create, the possibility is that they are generated by Smart up-sell feature.